Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dry Aged Porterhouse Steak


Lately I've been so into steak...particularly the Dry Aged Rib-Eye of Mamou.  Really yummy!  So as you all know me well, I try to experiment my own version when I love eating something.

Thanks to my sis-in-law's bf, JV, he gave me this special spice called Carmensita's Sea Salt.  With a dash of freshly grounded spice of this and viola!  Yummy home version of Dry Aged Rib-eye.

How to make your own Dry Aged Steak:

Choose any beef....T-Bone, Porterhouse, Rib-eye.
In my case, I bought Tenderbites Porterhouse Steak (available at Market Market Supermarket)
rosemary leaves (fresh ones are much better)
oregano
thyme (same...fresh are better)
salt & pepper to taste
Worcestershire sauce (W-sauce)
butter

Melt butter in pan. Sprinkle handful of herbs with a little salt & pepper, a bit of W-sauce, pan fry it.  I use the pan with the grilled lines to give a nice mark to your steak.  Reserve some fats from the meat and let it cook under low heat in a separate pan, set aside.  Flip to other side, then once cooked.  Serve with creamy spinach, rice or mashed potatoes.  Pour some steak oil on it and serve hot.

Add freshly grounded Carmensita upon serving.  =)

Enjoy your steak!  Hope it turns out well and do let me know how it goes.  

2 comments:

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Hey
I buy my meat at Tenderbites Unimart naman hehe
xoxo
MrsM

Abi Co-Haw said...

I trust Tenderbites too. =) Always fresh and even gives extra service of cutting up the meats to the size you want them